So I looked over the choices of the award winners and decided to check out imcooked.com since I like food and cooking, although while being in grad school I haven't done much of. :)
This site is basically a type of social networking site but you only share recipes. You can take a video of yourself making something and then upload it to imcooked.com. You need a username and password in order to view other recipes and submit your own. There is a My Friends tab, a groups tab, creating (which shows you how to create and upload a video), there is also a channels tab. The channels tab gives you different food genre choices. It separates the videos to the topic of food. For instance, I clicked on Kids and a number of videos came up directly for kids recipe videos. The founder of imcooked.com is Joseph Liebovic and was started in May 2007. Joseph has a love for food, cooking and recipes and after searching the internet for recipes discovered the large vast amount of recipes out on the internet. He weeded them out so they were only related directly towards recipes and imcooking.com began.
If I didn't already have enough on my plate (pardon the pun) I would join this group. But as I see it right now, I don't have time to cook for my family, I'm sure not going to post videos or recipes on this new social networking site.
No comments:
Post a Comment