Saturday, November 21, 2009
#22 Netlibrary
When I saw what the #22 Thing was I chuckled. One of my projects for my LIS 620 Practicum was I had to take Bettendorf Public Library's 2 pamphlets for Netlibrary and for Wilbor (Overdrive) and combine them. This required me to go in and see exactly how each worked now as opposed to 2 years ago when the last pamphlets were done. NetLibrary has changed A LOT since I last used it. After navigating through it a few times, I downloaded the NetLibrary Media Console. I found using this from the desktop was much easier than using it from NetLibrary's website. Downloading from the Media Console allows no interference when it comes to downloading to a portable device or to the PC. You are leaving out the step with Windows Media Player, which I liked as there was no extra steps. Netlibrary had more titles available than what I can remember but I still think they could use more as I couldn't find some authors or titles in their catalog. One thing I have found doing my practicum is that not a lot of people really know what an eAudiobook is or even how to access it. I think it is something worthwhile to advertise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment